Thursday, November 02, 2006

People say I'm a Republican hater.

Exactly. I hate lying, cheating and stealing. I don't want a government which lines the pockets of a favored few with money from the many. I don't want a government comprised of individuals too cowardly to put themselves at risk defending our country but enthusiastic about sending others to do so. I don't want a government which believes we should return to the "good old days" when men beat their wives and minorities were lynched with impunity, where rights were only guaranteed to white men, where people who wanted change were spied upon and ostricized.

The Democratic party, for all of its many faults, is far more progressive and is working positively toward change and preserving the advances we've already made. No party nor individual is perfect, so you must choose what is best, sometimes from the worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home