Saturday, July 30, 2005

Can I get that without the fire and dog tricks?

Volvo is a subsidiary of Ford. The company that makes the safest cars in the world is owned by the company that can't keep their cars from rolling over or exploding in rear-impacts. I don't know why people are worried, it's not like people are ever in rear-impact collisions. Usually you're thrown across the median or off the road when your car flips. No worries about rear-impact.

In the 1970's, Ford was sued because the Pintos kept exploding. Now their Crown Victoria explodes. You'd think they'd learn.

The Bronco II, the predecessor to the Ford Explorer, used to flip over back in the 80's. I say used to only because the trucks are now scrap, not because the roll over problem was magically fixed.

Maybe Germany can send us an engineer to explain how to build a car. Is that so much to ask? Sometimes I wish Hitler or the emperor had won so I could get a decent car for $15k.

Oh yeah, I'm way off fucking base.

Let's see, I can buy a Honda Civic for the same price as a Ford Focus and I get 20% better gas mileage and 100% more miles? I can buy a Toyota Camry for 3 grand less than a Ford Taurus? What? Volvo, Volkswagen, BMW...

Ok, the Germans make good cars, but they're pricey. At least they don't explode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home