Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm an eco-terrorist!

I just sent an email to Sylvania Lighting that I won't be buying any more of their compact fluorescents until they fix a delay when switched on and until they use recyclable packaging. The irony of selling fluorescent lamps which are better for the environment (less product waste and energy used/wasted) in plastic packaging that just goes to a landfill...

Recycling around here is not easy; we switched trash companies to one that offered recycling but I have concerns that they've stopped since they changed trucks. I can't use them for cardboard recycling, it's more difficult to put it in a bag than to throw it in my trunk and drive it up to the county recycling center. If I'm doing that, I might as well do the rest since this trash company isn't cheap and hasn't treated my property well--they broke one of my trash cans almost immediately and then "replaced" it with one of theirs which broke a few months later. They haven't fixed or replaced that one, either.

Paper and cardboard and glass and plastic are pretty easy to recycle, compared to things like computer parts or fluorescent bulbs. Even going to Lamp Recycle doesn't yield anything direct. I already know I need to recycle, I need someone to tell me where and to do it for no (or little) cost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home