Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gaming airlines into bumping you (and getting the booty)

Dhalia was recently bumped from her flight to Atlanta, arriving six and a half hours later than planned (including a detour to New York). That said, they paid her cash greater than her round-trip and she flew business class.

Seems someone has worked on how to game the airlines into bumping them and getting the goodies:
Mornings are better than evenings—airlines are more likely to overbook these early flights, knowing that they have a better chance of delaying passengers to a later flight. Holidays, Saturday mornings, and Sunday evenings are good bets, too. Similarly, popular destinations are goldmines for the flexible traveler. Las Vegas, Hawaii, and major business travel hubs like New York, Minneapolis, and Chicago are common sites of overbookings.
(via lifehacker)

I find my time to be more valuable than my cash so this doesn't really appeal to me...but business class is awesome and if I'm traveling by myself (rare), I might find ways to entertain myself until the next flight comes along.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home